Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dressing up, dressing down

Business suits were a "must" till I retired,
A help to my career, and they mattered.
My suits are fossils now, and I'm attired
In comfort togs, some of which are tattered.
I bought the best suits, ones I could afford,
Conservatively tailored, but in style,
No detail left undone, no touch ignored,
The image sincere, beyond denial.
Now, closets bulge with untouched suits. The stuff's
A weight, like nosey neighbors refusing
To mind their business, in spite of rebuffs
A flock of sheep wouldn't find confusing.
My dress clothes worked, that's true without dispute,
But now I've said goodbye to business suits!

1 comment:

  1. As a sweatshirt and T-shirt guy, I also have a nice selection of coats and ties in my closet. May they enjoy good health while staying right there.

    ReplyDelete